I used to bet on horse races all the time in person, but now that everything's online, I wanted to check out some of the apps my friends were using and see which was the best. With the Kentucky Derby coming up, I expected at least one to have a special offer.
The big ones are TVG, NYRA Bets, XpressBet, and Twinspires. I'd only heard of half of them, but apparently they're relatively big players in the horse racing space. Most of them are similar in that they focus on horse racing and not all sports, but the main differentiators came down to their capabilities and new user offers.
- All allow you to place bets on horses up until the race
- All only take a few minutes to create an account
- All let you cash out in multiple ways
- All offer streaming services on their platforms
- TVG and TwinSpires both have easy-to-use apps
- You can watch the TVG broadcast from right within the app, with races going off every few minutes plus expert race analysis
- TVG has the best Referral program with a $25 bonus each when friends sign up
- TVG has the best ongoing offer for new users: a $200 risk-free bet with code DERBY
- TVG offers visa withdrawals on the card you deposited with, up to $10,000
⭐The Winner ⭐
TVG's new user offer is the biggest differentiating factor. With TVG, you get a $200 risk-free bet, meaning that if you lose, you get that $200 back good as cash to use next time. They're also having a special for the Kentucky Derby - if your horse runs 2nd or 3rd on certain Oaks & Derby Day races, you can get up to $10 back. The promo code is on their homepage: DERBY.
The other offers are more complicated to understand and less generous. For example, TVG will give back your entire first bet amount if you don't win, but NYRA only will if your wager amount was the same as the deposit amount. You have to wager $800 at TwinSpires before getting your $200 bonus - and the XpressBet offer is honestly just confusing.
TVG was super easy to sign up with and you can cash out at any time, no matter how big or small the win is.
For Derby Day this weekend, I'm going bigger than I'd normally go because of that risk-free $200. All my friends are picking between the top 3 horses, but there's an underdog I've got a really, really good feeling about. I'm looking forward to cashing out my winnings while I sip my homemade mint julep.
Get it on the Kentucky Derby action with your $200 risk-free bet from TVG - sign up today with promo code DERBY!