NFL Power Rankings Week 13
With only five weeks left in the regular season, we are now entering the witching hour as the league's best fight it out for playoff spots.
The Chiefs, Steelers, and Packers all hold comfortable leads in their respective divisions, but nobody has clinched their division crown quite yet. We see close races in virtually every other division, so while the season is nearing its end there will be plenty of important football over the next five weeks.
Football fans were treated to some spectacular fantasy performances in Week 12 from the likes of Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, and Nick Chubb who gave their fantasy owners a chance to know what it feels like to be the Kansas City Chiefs. Week 13 includes a few games with major playoff implications including a divisional matchup between the Rams and Cardinals as well as an AFC game between the Browns and Titans who are both fighting to climb to the top spot in their divisions.
Let's take a look at our Week 13 power rankings based on what we've seen so far this season.
32. New York Jets (0-11, Last Week 32 +/- 0) - While there are a few teams that could challenge for the number one spot on this list, nobody can compete with the Jets for the title of worst team in the NFL right now.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-10, Last Week 31, +/- 0) - The Jags were competitive with a very good Browns team in Week 12. James Robinson turned in another great week with 159 total yards and a touchdown.
30. Detroit Lions (4-7, Last Week 30, +/- 0) - Head coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn were both fired this past week. The Lions should be thinking about Kansas City OC Eric Bieniemy for the position as he appears to already be linked to former Chiefs and Browns GM John Dorsey. It would be a an upgrade in a two for one deal.
Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia are fired. Lions fans rejoice. https://t.co/KAaVlpJSJS— Drunk Matt Prater (@Drunk Matt Prater) 1606593540.0
29. Chicago Bears (5-6, Last Week 29, +/- 0) - The Bears have lost five straight and even with a strong performance from David Montgomery they were trounced by Green Bay 41-25.
28. Cincinnati Bengals (2-8-1, Last Week 28, +/- 0) - Without Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon in the lineup the Bengals fell to the Giants last week in a close one. Their outlook isn't good without their rookie QB.
27. Denver Broncos (4-7, Last Week 27, +/- 0) - We question why the NFL decided to move the Steelers and Ravens game twice, but forced the Broncos to play with no quarterback on their roster.
There was a game today. The final score is what it is. Undrafted rookie WIDE RECEIVER @Kendall_Hinton2 came off… https://t.co/2fLnu2Ulab— Denver Broncos (@Denver Broncos) 1606693603.0
26. Dallas Cowboys (3-8, Last Week 26, +/- 0) - Now in the top five for next year's draft which may allow them to draft a quarterback, just not one named Trevor Lawrence.
25. Philadelphia Eagles (3-7-1, Last Week 23, - 2) - How quickly the NFC East division crown changes hands. Now sitting in third place after a loss to the Seahawks on Monday night.
24. Los Angeles Chargers (3-8, Last Week 22, - 2) - We were hoping for a shootout between Justin Herbert and Josh Allen but it was a ho-hum game that saw the Chargers drop to 3-8 on the year.
23. Carolina Panthers (4-8, Last Week 20, - 3) - The Panthers' playoff chances are about as good as Adam Gase being a head coach in the NFL next season.
22. New York Giants (4-7, Last Week 24, + 2) - The Giants now lead the NFC East, but we think that Washington is the better team and both are 4-7.
Saquon Barkley: "Sundays are the toughest days, but the last three weeks, they've been pretty good."— Art Stapleton (@Art Stapleton) 1607004976.0
21. Atlanta Falcons (4-7, Last Week 21, +/- 0) - The Falcons blew out the Raiders last week, so you'd think they would get a bump up the rankings. Unfortunately for them their path to a wild card birth isn't just about getting wins. They'll need a combination of collapses from multiple NFC West teams, the Bucs to lose a few, and/or needing the Vikings to lose a few key games.
20. San Francisco 49ers (5-6, Last Week 25, + 5) -Raheem Mostert helped spark the 49ers offense with a touchdown in his return. Somehow this team keeps themselves in contention for a playoff spot despite the injuries they've endured.
Raheem Mostert playoff schedule: Vs. WFT @ Dal @ Ari If Mostert gets back to his full strength he’s a league winner.— Christian Calatayud (@Christian Calatayud) 1606493357.0
19. Houston Texans (4-7, Last Week 19, +/- 0) - Houston moved up five spots after their Thanksgiving Day game win and haven't played another game since last week's rankings were released. They remain at 19 for this week's list.
18. Las Vegas Raiders (6-5, Last Week 16, - 2) - The Raiders got crushed by the Falcons and have now dropped two in a row. Not the time of year to go on a losing streak and give the Chiefs an even bigger division lead.
17. Washington Football Team (4-7, Last Week 17, +/- 0) - Washington held the division lead for just three days after their win on Thanksgiving. They still are ahead of the Giants in our power rankings which is a nice consolation prize for the second place Washington Football Team.
16. New England Patriots (5-6, Last Week 18, + 2) -Bill Belichick used some Jedi mind tricks to make the Cardinals' Isaiah Simmons take a bad unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for a hit on Cam Newton that setup the eventual game winning field goal for the Patriots in Week 12.
If isaiah Simmons did this to tom Brady he would be banned from the nfl lmao but since it’s cam newton he’s good https://t.co/47Oh3lzvgt— John (@John) 1606683938.0
15. Baltimore Ravens (6-5, Last Week 14, - 1) - The Steelers proved to be too much for the replacement squad Ravens team on Wednesday afternoon. The Ravens have lost three straight now and have allowed the Browns to establish a foothold on second place in the AFC North.
14. Minnesota Vikings (5-6, Last Week 15, + 1) - The Vikings escaped with a 28-27 win against the Panthers in Week 12 as Carolina missed a potential game winning field goal to end the game. It was Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson who led the offense as they connected for two scores on the day.
13. Los Angeles Rams (7-4, Last Week 12, - 1) - A loss to the 49ers not only allowed Seattle to take the division lead, but it allows San Francisco to remain within reasonable striking distance to overtake them later in the year.
12. Miami Dolphins (7-4, Last Week 13, + 1) - The Dolphins have kept pace with the Bills all season and are only a game out from a tie for the division lead. If Tua Tagovailoa is unable to play again next week they have Ryan Fitzpatrick who has proven he can lead this team to wins.
Here is Tua Tagovailoa at Dolphins practice today. You can see the tape around his wrist/thumb area. https://t.co/r0Y6oF1XwR— Clay Ferraro (@Clay Ferraro) 1606935170.0
11. Arizona Cardinals (6-5, Last Week 9, - 2) - Let's not forget that if not for the personal foul penalty they took at the end of the game, the Cardinals would likely be 7-4 right now. This is still a good team, but Kyler Murray has begun to struggle.
10. Indianapolis Colts (7-4, Last Week 7, - 3) - The Colts got blown out by the Titans in Week 12 and a typically good defense was gashed by Derrick Henry. The Colts hope to bounce back this week in another tough divisional matchup with the Texans.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-5, Last Week 6, - 3) - The good news for the Buccaneers is that they've already built a nice buffer between themselves and the Falcons in their division for second place. The bad news is they can't afford to keep losing because the NFC West should be competing for two wild card spots with every team still in the hunt.
8. Cleveland Browns (8-3, Last Week 11, + 3) - Cleveland continued their winning ways against the Jaguars as they've won three in a row. Jarvis Landry had a breakout game and caught his first touchdown of the season. The Browns have a difficult game against the next team on our list in Week 13.
2020 has been quite a season for the Cleveland Browns. - Clinched a .500 season for the first time since 2007 - F… https://t.co/IUKGxmqJ06— NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) 1606685307.0
7. Tennessee Titans (8-3, Last Week 10, + 3) - The Titans moved back into the division lead in the AFC South and move up three spots in our rankings this week. Tennessee and Cleveland is a game of the week contender for Week 13.
6. Buffalo Bills (8-3, Last Week 8, + 2) - The Bills got a win over the Chargers last week, but nobody on looked particularly great offensively for Buffalo including Josh Allen. That will need to change as the AFC is going to be crowded with teams looking for playoff spots.
5. Seattle Seahawks (8-3, Last Week 5, +/- 0) -DK Metcalf is one of the most explosive weapons in the NFL and Russell Wilson continues to feed him the ball which is yielding positive results for the Seahawks.
Darius Slay every time he has to cover DK Metcalf https://t.co/ZJoDeo8b86— NFL Memes (@NFL Memes) 1606794789.0
4. Green Bay Packers (8-3, Last Week 4, +/- 0) -Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdowns to four different receivers against the Bears last week. They have the Eagles, Lions, and Panthers over the next three weeks.
3. New Orleans Saints (9-2, Last Week 3, +/- 0) - The Saints keep marching and it looks like it's going to be toward a first round bye and homefield advantage throughout most, if not all of the playoffs.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (10-1, Last Week 2, +/- 0) - When watching the Chiefs it feels like they should be at the top of this list, and maybe they should be. They're FindBet's Super Bowl favorite as long as Patrick Mahomes continues to perform at an MVP level as he has been.
.@dwilson_6 had the mic against the Bucs 🎙 https://t.co/IGhTRyiit4— Kansas City Chiefs (@Kansas City Chiefs) 1606958100.0
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-0, Last Week 1, +/- 0) - The Steelers escaped with a win on Wednesday against the Ravens. Baltimore was without Lamar Jackson and their top two running back options. The Steelers remain at number one this week out of respect for what they've accomplished and still touting an unblemished record. But it really feels like the Chiefs are the better team right now.
- NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football Tips - Find Bet ›
- It's the FInal Countdown! NFL Power Rankings Week 12 - Find Bet ›