NFL Power Rankings Week 13
With only five weeks left in the regular season, we are now entering the witching hour as the league's best fight it out for playoff spots.
The Chiefs, Steelers, and Packers all hold comfortable leads in their respective divisions, but nobody has clinched their division crown quite yet. We see close races in virtually every other division, so while the season is nearing its end there will be plenty of important football over the next five weeks.
Football fans were treated to some spectacular fantasy performances in Week 12 from the likes of Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, and Nick Chubb who gave their fantasy owners a chance to know what it feels like to be the Kansas City Chiefs. Week 13 includes a few games with major playoff implications including a divisional matchup between the Rams and Cardinals as well as an AFC game between the Browns and Titans who are both fighting to climb to the top spot in their divisions.
Let's take a look at our Week 13 power rankings based on what we've seen so far this season.
32. New York Jets (0-11, Last Week 32 +/- 0) - While there are a few teams that could challenge for the number one spot on this list, nobody can compete with the Jets for the title of worst team in the NFL right now.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-10, Last Week 31, +/- 0) - The Jags were competitive with a very good Browns team in Week 12. James Robinson turned in another great week with 159 total yards and a touchdown.
30. Detroit Lions (4-7, Last Week 30, +/- 0) - Head coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn were both fired this past week. The Lions should be thinking about Kansas City OC Eric Bieniemy for the position as he appears to already be linked to former Chiefs and Browns GM John Dorsey. It would be a an upgrade in a two for one deal.
Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia are fired. Lions fans rejoice. https://t.co/KAaVlpJSJS— Drunk Matt Prater (@Drunk Matt Prater) 1606593540.0
29. Chicago Bears (5-6, Last Week 29, +/- 0) - The Bears have lost five straight and even with a strong performance from David Montgomery they were trounced by Green Bay 41-25.
28. Cincinnati Bengals (2-8-1, Last Week 28, +/- 0) - Without Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon in the lineup the Bengals fell to the Giants last week in a close one. Their outlook isn't good without their rookie QB.
27. Denver Broncos (4-7, Last Week 27, +/- 0) - We question why the NFL decided to move the Steelers and Ravens game twice, but forced the Broncos to play with no quarterback on their roster.
There was a game today. The final score is what it is. Undrafted rookie WIDE RECEIVER @Kendall_Hinton2 came off… https://t.co/2fLnu2Ulab— Denver Broncos (@Denver Broncos) 1606693603.0
26. Dallas Cowboys (3-8, Last Week 26, +/- 0) - Now in the top five for next year's draft which may allow them to draft a quarterback, just not one named Trevor Lawrence.
25. Philadelphia Eagles (3-7-1, Last Week 23, - 2) - How quickly the NFC East division crown changes hands. Now sitting in third place after a loss to the Seahawks on Monday night.
24. Los Angeles Chargers (3-8, Last Week 22, - 2) - We were hoping for a shootout between Justin Herbert and Josh Allen but it was a ho-hum game that saw the Chargers drop to 3-8 on the year.
23. Carolina Panthers (4-8, Last Week 20, - 3) - The Panthers' playoff chances are about as good as Adam Gase being a head coach in the NFL next season.
22. New York Giants (4-7, Last Week 24, + 2) - The Giants now lead the NFC East, but we think that Washington is the better team and both are 4-7.
Saquon Barkley: "Sundays are the toughest days, but the last three weeks, they've been pretty good."— Art Stapleton (@Art Stapleton) 1607004976.0
21. Atlanta Falcons (4-7, Last Week 21, +/- 0) - The Falcons blew out the Raiders last week, so you'd think they would get a bump up the rankings. Unfortunately for them their path to a wild card birth isn't just about getting wins. They'll need a combination of collapses from multiple NFC West teams, the Bucs to lose a few, and/or needing the Vikings to lose a few key games.
20. San Francisco 49ers (5-6, Last Week 25, + 5) -Raheem Mostert helped spark the 49ers offense with a touchdown in his return. Somehow this team keeps themselves in contention for a playoff spot despite the injuries they've endured.
Raheem Mostert playoff schedule: Vs. WFT @ Dal @ Ari If Mostert gets back to his full strength he’s a league winner.— Christian Calatayud (@Christian Calatayud) 1606493357.0
19. Houston Texans (4-7, Last Week 19, +/- 0) - Houston moved up five spots after their Thanksgiving Day game win and haven't played another game since last week's rankings were released. They remain at 19 for this week's list.
18. Las Vegas Raiders (6-5, Last Week 16, - 2) - The Raiders got crushed by the Falcons and have now dropped two in a row. Not the time of year to go on a losing streak and give the Chiefs an even bigger division lead.
17. Washington Football Team (4-7, Last Week 17, +/- 0) - Washington held the division lead for just three days after their win on Thanksgiving. They still are ahead of the Giants in our power rankings which is a nice consolation prize for the second place Washington Football Team.
16. New England Patriots (5-6, Last Week 18, + 2) -Bill Belichick used some Jedi mind tricks to make the Cardinals' Isaiah Simmons take a bad unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for a hit on Cam Newton that setup the eventual game winning field goal for the Patriots in Week 12.
If isaiah Simmons did this to tom Brady he would be banned from the nfl lmao but since it’s cam newton he’s good https://t.co/47Oh3lzvgt— John (@John) 1606683938.0
15. Baltimore Ravens (6-5, Last Week 14, - 1) - The Steelers proved to be too much for the replacement squad Ravens team on Wednesday afternoon. The Ravens have lost three straight now and have allowed the Browns to establish a foothold on second place in the AFC North.
14. Minnesota Vikings (5-6, Last Week 15, + 1) - The Vikings escaped with a 28-27 win against the Panthers in Week 12 as Carolina missed a potential game winning field goal to end the game. It was Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson who led the offense as they connected for two scores on the day.
13. Los Angeles Rams (7-4, Last Week 12, - 1) - A loss to the 49ers not only allowed Seattle to take the division lead, but it allows San Francisco to remain within reasonable striking distance to overtake them later in the year.
12. Miami Dolphins (7-4, Last Week 13, + 1) - The Dolphins have kept pace with the Bills all season and are only a game out from a tie for the division lead. If Tua Tagovailoa is unable to play again next week they have Ryan Fitzpatrick who has proven he can lead this team to wins.
Here is Tua Tagovailoa at Dolphins practice today. You can see the tape around his wrist/thumb area. https://t.co/r0Y6oF1XwR— Clay Ferraro (@Clay Ferraro) 1606935170.0
11. Arizona Cardinals (6-5, Last Week 9, - 2) - Let's not forget that if not for the personal foul penalty they took at the end of the game, the Cardinals would likely be 7-4 right now. This is still a good team, but Kyler Murray has begun to struggle.
10. Indianapolis Colts (7-4, Last Week 7, - 3) - The Colts got blown out by the Titans in Week 12 and a typically good defense was gashed by Derrick Henry. The Colts hope to bounce back this week in another tough divisional matchup with the Texans.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-5, Last Week 6, - 3) - The good news for the Buccaneers is that they've already built a nice buffer between themselves and the Falcons in their division for second place. The bad news is they can't afford to keep losing because the NFC West should be competing for two wild card spots with every team still in the hunt.
8. Cleveland Browns (8-3, Last Week 11, + 3) - Cleveland continued their winning ways against the Jaguars as they've won three in a row. Jarvis Landry had a breakout game and caught his first touchdown of the season. The Browns have a difficult game against the next team on our list in Week 13.
2020 has been quite a season for the Cleveland Browns. - Clinched a .500 season for the first time since 2007 - F… https://t.co/IUKGxmqJ06— NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) 1606685307.0
7. Tennessee Titans (8-3, Last Week 10, + 3) - The Titans moved back into the division lead in the AFC South and move up three spots in our rankings this week. Tennessee and Cleveland is a game of the week contender for Week 13.
6. Buffalo Bills (8-3, Last Week 8, + 2) - The Bills got a win over the Chargers last week, but nobody on looked particularly great offensively for Buffalo including Josh Allen. That will need to change as the AFC is going to be crowded with teams looking for playoff spots.
5. Seattle Seahawks (8-3, Last Week 5, +/- 0) -DK Metcalf is one of the most explosive weapons in the NFL and Russell Wilson continues to feed him the ball which is yielding positive results for the Seahawks.
Darius Slay every time he has to cover DK Metcalf https://t.co/ZJoDeo8b86— NFL Memes (@NFL Memes) 1606794789.0
4. Green Bay Packers (8-3, Last Week 4, +/- 0) -Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdowns to four different receivers against the Bears last week. They have the Eagles, Lions, and Panthers over the next three weeks.
3. New Orleans Saints (9-2, Last Week 3, +/- 0) - The Saints keep marching and it looks like it's going to be toward a first round bye and homefield advantage throughout most, if not all of the playoffs.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (10-1, Last Week 2, +/- 0) - When watching the Chiefs it feels like they should be at the top of this list, and maybe they should be. They're FindBet's Super Bowl favorite as long as Patrick Mahomes continues to perform at an MVP level as he has been.
.@dwilson_6 had the mic against the Bucs 🎙 https://t.co/IGhTRyiit4— Kansas City Chiefs (@Kansas City Chiefs) 1606958100.0
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-0, Last Week 1, +/- 0) - The Steelers escaped with a win on Wednesday against the Ravens. Baltimore was without Lamar Jackson and their top two running back options. The Steelers remain at number one this week out of respect for what they've accomplished and still touting an unblemished record. But it really feels like the Chiefs are the better team right now.
- NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football Tips - Find Bet ›
- It's the FInal Countdown! NFL Power Rankings Week 12 - Find Bet ›
Until now, there was a void in the industry. An all-in-one prop bet research tool for Over/Under rankings did not exist. Fantasy SP has changed that.
Of course, you could find betting trends on the internet but there wasn’t a place where you could have all the information for every single player on the same page at your fingertips. Well, we wanted to change that. We’ve created the definitive NFL prop bet research tool for pros and newbies alike.
In a typical NFL week, there can be over 1,000 player prop lines available. Traditional player game logs are not optimal for researching player props. Our unique tool allows you to quickly analyze thousands of lines on your phone, tablet, or computer, and find the props with the greatest value. Don’t just bet on the players you like. Become more data-driven with your props research by using Fantasy SP’s Player Prop Over/Under Rankings!
This is the perfect prop bet research tool to make some serious cash. Place informed bets using relevant analytics and increase your chances of seeing your bankroll increase.
With our brand-new Player Prop Over/Under Rankings Research Tool, users will be able to filter by tons of critical data points including home vs. away, favorite vs. underdog, player popularity, last few games, indoor vs. outdoor, specific props, specific teams, position rank, opponent rank, and so much more!
Research Prop Bet Betting Example
Okay, enough talk, and let’s get to a simple real-world example of how to use the tool to help you place a bet.
For example, Jared Goff has had some of the most ridiculous home/away splits in 2022.
Goff has a passer rating of 106.9 with 2,217 yards (277.1 yards per game), 20 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions in eight games at home this season. Pretty good, right? On the road, he has a passer rating of 82.5 with 1,387 yards (231.2 yards per game), 3 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions in six games.
As you can see, Goff is averaging 46 more yards per game at home in 2022 entering Week 16. Vegas may try to trick you when Goff is on the road after coming off a massive home game but by using our tool, you won’t be fooled.
Goff has a 5-3 O-U record on his passing yard props at Ford Field this season. While his average line at home on DraftKings is 247 yards, his average result is 277.1 passing yards. Prior to throwing for 250+ yards against the Jets at the Meadowlands in Week 15, he was 2-3 on his passing yards props on the road. His average line on DraftKings on the road was only 10 yards fewer heading into Week 15 yet he averaged a full 50 fewer yards per game (227). This shows a clear pattern that he is much more successful at hitting the over and much more efficient when playing in front of his home crowd. There are countless examples of patterns you can spot using this brand-new prop tool that are even more eye-popping than Goff’s numbers.
How to Find Favorable Prop Bets
The key to placing informed bets is to place bets on clear patterns. Ideally, you want to see a player consistently going over or under. Grab a concise list of potential bets to place and compare to the lines at your favorite operator.
Let’s say you want to place a passing yards prop bet on Tom Brady. You check all the lines at your favorite operator (we suggest
Caesars or FanDuel) and need to put his line into context. How often does he go over? What outcomes occur against an easy matchup? What is his average result? How does he do at home versus on the road?
Using our exclusive Over-Under Rankings, you can utilize our premium filters to find out Brady’s historical prop record at home versus the road is even more volatile than Goff’s splits. (This is good and what we want to see.)
At home, Brady is averaging a whopping 307.3 passing yards and has hit the over in six of seven games heading into Week 15.
On the road, while his average line is only two yards fewer (271.2 to 269.2), he has a 1-5 O-U record and is only averaging 239 passing yards per game.
Fantasy SP has just highlighted a very promising prop bet whenever Brady is at home. Take the over. And when he is on the road, it’s a prime spot to smash the under.
Some players also tend to do much better when their team is the favorite such as running backs late in the fourth quarter when their team needs to kill time. Heading into Week 15, Dalvin Cook had a 7-2 O-U rushing yard record when his team was the favorite (79.9 yards per game). Conversely, when the Vikings were underdogs, he was 1-3 (57.8 yards per game). This is why filtering by favorite or underdog can be a critical data point to help you gain an edge at sportsbooks.
You can also filter by the last few games in case a player has begun to heat up or cool off. These filters will help you nail your bets in very specific scenarios. It’s the perfect tool for situational prop betting.
What the Experts Are Saying
Don’t simply trust our word. We provided a free preview to professional bettors and journalists and this is what they had to say:
“I don’t place my player prop parlays until checking out Fantasy SP’s Prop Bet Rankings. This is the only place where I can get an in-depth historical analysis of every player in the League before placing my wagers!”
Matthew Rumack, Professional Sports Bettor
“This tool provides insight that I haven’t seen anywhere else in the sports betting industry. Fantasy SP has developed something truly unique. The premium filters that allow me to figure out how each player has performed in very specific situations are simply next-level. I will not be placing prop bets before using this tool for research!”
Mark Morales-Smith, Senior Fantasy & Gambling Writer
“The features of this prop research tool are simply awesome. It’s easy to use, easy to understand, and incredibly powerful. There is so much data at your fingertips. This is an essential piece to finding player prop betting value.”
Dan Hickman, Professional Gambling Writer
The dropdowns and filters on this tool are what really make this a game-changing feature. If you only want to see the most popular players on the page, simply slide the popularity to 75% or 100%. If you want to see players’ over-under records and their average results for only home games, simply click Home on the dropdown. If you want to see over-under records for players against teams in the bottom 5 at defending that position, simply click Bottom 5 under Position Rank. Not only can you get all of this insight, but the sliders and dropdowns all work interactively with a user-friendly interface so you can find out how a player is doing in a very specific situation. For example, let’s say Dak Prescott and the Cowboys are hosting the top-five San Francisco 49ers defense and are four-point underdogs. To get a much clearer picture of how Prescott has performed in similar situations, you can check off Home, Underdog, Indoor, and Top 5 under Opponent Rank to get his exact over-under prop historical record in this particular situation. If he is 0-3 on his passing yard prop in this scenario, you may want to smash the under.
NFL prop betting can be overwhelming but this tool makes it easy to research the best bets for novices and seasoned vets alike. Bettors should not be placing their prop bets before doing the necessary research. Now you can do all that research on one page with Fantasy SP’s Player Prop Over/Under Rankings Research Tool! It doesn’t get much better than that.
Stay tuned for our future article on even more in-depth tips and tricks.
France vs Argentina World Cup Final Betting Preview: Can Lionel Messi Capture That Elusive World Cup Title?
Picking up where they left off in 2018, the French National Team led by 23-year-old Kylian Mbappe have found their way back into the finals as they look to be the first back-to-back World Cup Champions since Brazil’s dominant runs in 1958 and 1962. Standing between that incredible feat for the defending champions is Argentina, who currently have their superstar, Lionel Messi, in top form. Messi is finding ways to create passes no one can see and he’s done it multiple times, assisting three goals (tied for the most) throughout the tournament. The legend is also scoring goals of his own and is tied with Kylian Mbappe (5 goals) for Golden Boot honors in this year’s World Cup. Regardless, soccer fans around the world are in for a treat on Sunday at 10:00 AM EST as two of the best players in the world face each other for their country’s World Cup glory.
After winning Group D, France defeated Poland in the Round of 16, England in the quarterfinals, and a strong Morocco team in the semis to advance to the Final. On the other side of the bracket, Argentina won Group C and dispatched Australia in the Round of 16. Messi and the Argentinians were then tested in the quarterfinals, needing a penalty shootout to defeat the Netherlands after blowing a late two-goal lead. Finally, Argentina played perhaps their best match of the tournament against Croatia in the semi-finals, winning 3-0. Now the stage is set for a blockbuster finale between two powerhouses featuring some of the top players in the world.
Note (from FanDuel Sportsbook): No team will play at home during Qatar's World Cup. For betting purposes, FanDuel explains that: “Home Team refers to the team listed first, Away Team refers to the second team listed.”
Argentina (-104) vs. France (-112)
Argentina Keys To Victory
Lionel Messi has played incredibly for Argentina throughout this World Cup. He is leaving opposing defenders in the dust, taking on multiple players at once, dragging them away from his teammates, which is opening up the field for his fellow goal scorers. Every time Messi has the ball at his feet, there seems to be more than one threat. Messi is playing just as well as he always has in 2022. He’s served his team as a playmaker and as a goal-scorer in Qatar. He’s also had some help from Manchester City forward Julian Alvarez who’s scored a handful of goals in this World Cup (including two in Argentina’s decisive victory over Croatia). If Alvarez and Messi are able to link up while on the attack, the depleted French defense and midfield could be in for some trouble.
France Keys To Victory
One of the biggest headlines heading into this World Cup Final is the return of French striker Karim Benzema. The Real Madrid star and winner of this year’s Ballon D’Or hurt his hamstring in one of France’s first practices soon after arriving in Qatar. He flew back to Madrid where he immediately completed his recovery work which was set at three weeks from the time of injury. Right now, Benzema is flying back to Doha and could be starting for France in the final. At the moment, France’s HC Didier Deschamps has declined to comment on whether or not he will be including KB9 in the starting lineup. France’s ball movement has been excellent throughout the tournament, but their key to victory against Argentina will be efficient defense. Over the last few games, France’s defense seems to have slowed down. Not only will they need to stop Messi, but they will need to turn defensive stops into counterattacks. Mbappe and Olivier Giroud (four goals thus far in the tournament) will need to be electric on offense and test the Argentinian keeper. Antoine Griezmann may be an x-factor for France as he has three assists in this World Cup and was inches away from scoring against Morocco.
It’s only fitting that Lionel Messi will finally hoist the World Cup trophy in his last World Cup match. Expect him to score a goal and lead his team to victory in a tightly contested battle.
The Pick: Argentina (-104)
World Cup Final Best Prop Bets
Kylian Mbappe: To Score Or Give Assist (+100)
Mbappé has been relatively quiet over France’s last few games. Still, he is the main wing on France’s team who is capable of breaking down defenses through his skillful technique and ridiculous speed. He currently is tied with Messi for the most goals in the 2022 World Cup. If he isn’t able to score in this game, then expect him to at least make an assist. For France to win this one, the 23-year-old will need to have a big game.
Lionel Messi: Anytime Goalscorer (+190)
Messi has stepped up his performance big time this World Cup. If you have watched Argentina play in this tournament, you know how crucial of a role Messi has played in the team’s success. He is tied for the most goals in the tournament with Mbappe and has a great chance of putting the ball in the net at some point during Sunday’s big match. This is a particularly great prop to target since Messi takes all of Argentina’s penalty shots and has converted four-of-five throughout the tournament.
Fantasy SP has worked diligently to bring you next-level sports betting analytics, prop betting tools, public betting splits, and so much more! Become an Edge+ member today!
Calling every sports fan across the globe! The best month for all things sports is here: December. NFL and CFB are getting into the thick of things — I mean, we are finally not seeing Alabama and Clemson in the CFP, not to mention both the NBA and NHL are underway and college basketball just tipped off!
Despite all of these different sporting events going on, the World’s biggest Sporting event is down to the Semifinals, the World Cup.
Although Soccer is the World's most popular sport, it still struggles to gain support in the US. However, every 4 years Soccer takes the country by storm and this year, and these last few games are going to be amazing.
Let us introduce you to your new go-to app, FanDuel Sportsbook. It’s the place to be for not only the usual sports, but for this year's World Cup!
FanDuel Sportsbook is providing a multitude of features with a few market differentiators.
- World Cup Winner
- Who will win the Golden Boot (the award for the top goal scorer of the World Cup)
- Highest scoring Group
- And more
- Popular Markets - outside of the normal Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under lines, FanDuel will also be offering:
- Anytime Goal Scorer
- First Goal Scorer
- Shots on Goal
- Correct Score
- Number of Corner Kicks
- Half-Time Result
- Tournament Goal Scorer Parlay Builder - build your own tournament-long Goal Scorer parlays with your favorite players from every team.
- Daily Specials:
- Highest scoring team of the day
- Total daily goals
- Player specials
- And More!
- Live Parlays
Out of all the betting apps we’ve used, signing up for FanDuel Sportsbook is also the easiest. Simply download the app and create an account by providing an email, credit card, and SS# — that’s to protect your winnings and ensure you're not a sporting professional.
FanDuel is undoubtedly the best site/app to parlay across multiple sports. It’s designed for bettors at any stage. The clear interface is ideal for beginners and you can make a bet in just a few clicks! It’s complete with a number of betting guides that explain the rules and resources to safely bet.
One of the best parts is that once the game ends, you can cash out your winnings right away. No minimum, no wait.
There’s also the incredible New User Offer: sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook and get up to $1000 in Free Bets if you lose your first bet!
Their app has everything you need — from tutorials to real-time game scores. Get amped for the World Cup with FanDuel Sportsbook. Enhance your Sportsember by downloading the FanDuel Sportsbook app today!