After an uncertain year in sports, things are finally getting back to normal. While you might miss going to live games (us too), one great way to make watching from home all the more exciting is to dive into the world of fantasy sports.
We've been doing our research and found the top two fantasy platforms: FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) and DraftKings. If you're new to the world of fantasy sports, then look no further.
Here's how they compare.
- Both allow you to play on their app or website
- Both offer a huge variety of fantasy sports
- Both have an offer for new users: 20% of your first deposit matched up to $500
- Both allow you to pick an entirely new lineup every week
- Both registration processes are easy and can be done in a matter of minutes
- Both offer different types of games including tournaments, head to heads, and multipliers
- Both sites allow you to easily edit your line-up and make changes to your team
- Both sites allow you to enter the same line-up into multiple leagues easily
- FanDuel's website is packed with tips for beginners
- DraftKings offers scoring bonuses when players in your lineup achieve certain milestones
- With FanDuel, you can cash out any amount, no matter how big or small at any time. With DraftKings, the cash out has to be higher than $20.
- FanDuel's salary cap is higher than DraftKings, which gives you more flexibility with picking your weekly lineup
FanDuel DFS Overview
FanDuel DFS nailed the fantasy game with their informative website and easy-to-use app. They have fantasy leagues for every sport you can think of - football, soccer, NBA, MLB, golf, and more. FanDuel DFS has something for everyone by offering season-long leagues with new weekly lineups, as well as mini-contests featuring smaller lineups.
What we love about FanDuel DFS is that unlike regular fantasy sports, you can have an entirely new lineup every week. Each individual player has a salary value, and the total value of your team has to be less than your weekly cap. FanDuel gives you a competitive edge by allowing you to check out your opponents before playing with them. If you click on any participant's username, you can get a glimpse of their profile page which shows you exactly when they signed up and their number of wins.
Signing up for a FanDuel account couldn't be easier, and can be done online or on the FanDuel app. They'll ask you for your SSN, but this is just to make sure coaches and players aren't making any bets.
The app runs smoothly, and as we said, if you're new to fantasy betting, FanDuel makes getting up to speed a total breeze. Plus, for new users, they'll match 20% off your first deposit up to $500!
DraftKings also has a convenient app and offers a huge variety of fantasy sports. Signing up takes only minutes, and like FanDuel, they offer every type of fantasy sport you could want.
Although their promo for new users and general offering is the same as FanDuel, that's where the similarities end. DraftKings also doesn't have as many tutorials and tips as Fanduel, which can alienate new users. Anyone who is new to the world of Fantasy sports is going to have a very hard time figuring out of the terminology.
On top of that, many users of DraftKings report that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and something as simple as updating a payment method can take days. Not what you need on a big game day!
Fantasy sports can make watching the game so much more exciting, and we couldn't be more pumped for all of the sporting action that lies ahead in the coming months. If you have been thinking about getting into the world of fantasy sports, there couldn't be a better time. Picking the right platform for you can mean the difference between winning or losing, and our pick is FanDuel DFS.
The app is so straightforward, you can cash out your winnings at any time (no matter how big or small), and most importantly, their website is filled with a ton of tutorials that will get you up to speed in no time.