NFL Power Rankings Week 10
We're approaching the point in the season where the playoff picture starts to form, and soon we will know what teams are mathematically eliminated from contention as well as the teams vying for a first round bye.
There are plenty of teams in the middle right now whose season is teetering on the edge of success and failure. The next three game stretch will determine the destinies of many organizations. The Saints provided an exclamatory whipping on Tom Brady's Bucs on Sunday night, and the heroics of Patrick Mahomes got his team a win in a close game against the Panthers in Week 9.
Let's take a look at the Week 10 power rankings based on what we've seen so far this season.
32. New York Jets (0-9, Last Week 32 +/- 0) - The Jets nearly got their first win against New England this past week behind a throwback performance from veteran quarterback Joe Flacco. They blew a 10 point lead as the Pats won on a field goal to close out the game.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7, Last Week 31, +/- 0) - A notable debut performance for rookie QB Jake Luton in a loss and James Robinson continues his impressive season going for 99 yards and a TD.
30. Washington Football Team (2-6, Last Week 28, -2) - Alex Smith started for the Football Team and started to find rapport with Terry McLaurin and Cam Sims, however Antonio Gibson wasn't able to get much going on the ground and they lost to the Giants 23-20 in Week 9.
Alex Smith with his 1st TD pass since Nov. 11, 2018 🙌🏻 https://t.co/mAsGBIkokN— NFL Stats (@NFL Stats) 1604867579.0
29. New York Giants (2-7, Last Week 30, +1) - As just mentioned above, the Giants won for the second time this year in Week 9. Their outlook is still bleak however without their star running back Saquon Barkley in the backfield.
28. Dallas Cowboys (2-7, Last Week 29, +1) - The Cowboys get bumped up a spot after holding their own against the Steelers. Dallas' defense held Pittsburgh to just nine points through three quarters of play before a 15 point fourth quarter sealed the game for the league's only remaining undefeated team.
27. Chicago Bears (5-4, Last Week 25, -2) - Now losers of three straight, Chicago takes on Minnesota on Monday Night Football and has the task of stopping the league's best running back in Dalvin Cook. After that it's a date with Aaron Rodgers and the division leading Packers.
26. Detroit Lions (3-5, Last Week 22, -4) - The Lions have now dropped two straight and it appeared that Matt Stafford got a little banged up in Week 9. Detroit's offense isn't good enough to overcome the deficits their defense puts them in.
25. Denver Broncos (3-5, Last Week 21, -4) - Despite trailing by three touchdowns going into the fourth quarter, Denver almost completed a spectacular comeback against Atlanta in Week 9. The performances of Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamler are noteworthy for the young offense, but Denver needs to find ways to get Phillip Lindsay and Melvin Gordon more involved regardless of the game script.
24. New England Patriots (3-5, Last Week 27, +3) - New England escaped with a win against the Jets. They only move up here because of other teams losing. Until they can get another good win against a team not named the Jets this seems like a good spot for them.
Cam Newton in 2 games since being benched vs 49ers: 🔹 87.7 Passing Grade (2nd among QBs) https://t.co/HHiVEG1Cwc— PFF NE Patriots (@PFF NE Patriots) 1605039595.0
23. Los Angeles Chargers (2-6, Last Week 23, +/-0) - Even though they took their second consecutive loss last week, the Chargers have to feel excited about how well their rookie QB continues to play. Justin Herbert fell just short in a comeback attempt, but still threw for 326 yards and two TDs against a good Raiders team.
22. Houston Texans (2-6, Last Week 26, +4) - The Texans finally got over the hump and picked up their second win of the season last week against the Jaguars. Deshaun Watson is still one of the most talented players in the league Will Fuller has developed into one of the league's best deep threats.
21. Carolina Panthers (3-6, Last Week 24, +3) - Although the playoffs are likely out of reach and Christian McCaffrey sustained another injury in his return, the Panthers have been a gritty team that has looked competitive every week.
20. San Francisco 49ers (4-5, Last Week 12, -8) - The biggest drop this week in the rankings comes from San Francisco. The injuries haven't ceased and at this point one would think that in a competitive NFC West, the 49ers have little chance of getting to the playoffs this year let alone making another deep run.
19. Cincinnati Bengals (2-5-1, Last Week 19, +/- 0) - Coming off their bye, the rookie Joe Burrow will lead his team against the undefeated Steelers. This is my upset of the week candidate.
18. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4-1, Last Week 16, - 2) - The Eagles also had a Week 9 bye week, but they are the hottest team in the NFC East riding a two game win streak. They look to be the favorite to win the division and are the only team trending in the right direction in the east.
17. Los Angeles Rams (5-3, Last Week 13, -4) - Four spots down from last week coming off a bye week seems excessive, but the Rams take on the Seahawks and Bucs over the next two games. Both will be looking to make up for bad losses endured in Week 9.
16. Atlanta Falcons (3-6, Last Week 18, +2) - The Falcons have won two in a row and have begun to look like the team we expected them to be at the onset of the season. It may be too late as they still have the Bucs and Saints ahead of them in the division, but they will still want to finish strong to bring momentum into next season.
Y'all want Julio to score more touchdowns. Here's what he has to say about that. 😂 https://t.co/a0wUJ71tiQ— Atlanta Falcons (@Atlanta Falcons) 1604622540.0
15. Indianapolis Colts (5-3, Last Week 11, -4) - The Ravens stifled a good Indy offense as Philip Rivers and the running game never got anything going and failed to score a point in the second half. The Colts are good enough to win this division, but need to avoid offensive production like this in the coming weeks.
14. Cleveland Browns (5-3, Last Week 15, +1) - Cleveland is the last team on the list coming off their bye week. It was a much needed one after a terrible loss to the Raiders. The good news for them is that running back, Nick Chubb is expected back and should provide a lift to a stalling offense.
13. Minnesota Vikings (3-5, Last Week 17, +4) - When you have Dalvin Cook on your team you're bound to climb the rankings at some point in the season and that time is now. Winners of two straight, and with the Bears, Cowboys, Panthers, and Jaguars next up, the Vikings would be right back in contention if they came out of that stretch 7-5.
DALVIN COOK 70-YARD TD 🚨 He’s special. (via @NFL) https://t.co/4NcgDJhsFQ— Bleacher Report (@Bleacher Report) 1604867658.0
12. Las Vegas Raiders (5-3, Last Week 20, +8) - Jon Gruden's Raiders have been a rollercoaster of a ride to follow this year. The offense seems ready to compete with anyone, if the defense can improve Vegas may have a contender.
11. Miami Dolphins (5-3, Last Week 14, +3) - If you need another example of how 2020 has been an episode from the Twilight Zone, the Dolphins are on the precipice of cracking our top 10 and there's little room for argument against it. Their only losses have come at the hands of the Patriots in the season opener along with the Bills and Seahawks. Their mid-season quarterback change amid a two game win streak seemed odd, but it resulted in impressive victories over the Rams and Cardinals. Brian Flores is obviously a good coach and has done amazing things with this young team. The AFC should be officially on notice.
.@Tua said SEE YA 📺 @NFLonCBS https://t.co/8oIoVSJse9— Miami Dolphins (@Miami Dolphins) 1604879827.0
10. Arizona Cardinals (5-3, Last Week 9, -1) - Kyler Murray is developing into one of the best weapons in the NFL and the offense is near unstoppable. The loss to Miami in Week 9 hurt though as the Cardinals will take on the Bills this week. They are going to want to avoid dropping two in a row in one of the most competitive divisions in football.
9. Tennessee Titans (6-2, Last Week 7, -2) - The Titans beat the Bears in Week 9 but have a more stout opponent on deck this week in the form of the Colts. This should be a better indicator of who the Titans really are after a 5-0 start.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3, Last Week 4, -4) - The debut of Antonio Brown and the return of Chris Godwin left many expecting a shootout in the matchup between Tampa Bay and the Saints in Week 9. Tampa never got the memo apparently, but the Saints sure did. Drew Brees administered a 38-3 blow out on Sunday night, and the Bucs need to figure it out with the Falcons starting to find their stride.
Antonio Brown was asked if there was strong interest from other teams and why did he choose to play with the… https://t.co/nIAHqZuhsv— Dov Kleiman (@Dov Kleiman) 1604518161.0
7. Baltimore Ravens (6-2, Last Week 10, +3) - The Ravens saw another lackluster performance from reigning MVP Lamar Jackson in a win against the Colts. While it may be troublesome to Ravens fans and especially to Lamar fantasy owners, the Ravens continue to win games. As long as they're able to keep winning it doesn't much matter how they accomplish it.
6. Seattle Seahawks (6-2, Last Week 3, -3) - The Buffalo defense showed that Russell Wilson is human for a whole half of football. Then Russ took off the suit and put on the cape and nearly brought his team back from a double digit deficit. If Seattle can't fix their problems on defense it will be a wasted year of phenomenal football from their QB.
5. New Orleans Saints (6-2, Last Week 8, +3) - The aforementioned beating that the Saints handed the Bucs is part of the reason for New Orleans' climb up the rankings this week. The other is that a healthy Michael Thomas back will only make them better.
Sean Payton leading the locker room dance party 😂 New Orleans with a 38-3 statement win tonight #Saints https://t.co/vj1pqKIm2t— Sideline Sports (@Sideline Sports) 1604896284.0
4. Buffalo Bills (7-2, Last Week 6, +2) - A statement win from Buffalo against the Seahawks will send them into a tough game against the Cardinals with a boost of confidence. Not only a signature win for the team, but for their young gunslinger Josh Allen as well. Allen should be seriously considered for MVP if he continues this level of play.
3. Green Bay Packers (6-2, Last Week 5, +2) - Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams are so good together that the NFL needs to start considering making it illegal for them to be on the same team. It's great to see A-A-ron letting it fly again and a fully healthy Aaron Jones and early season hero, Allen Lazard, should make this offense even better down the stretch.
Highest-graded QBs in the 2nd half: 1. Aaron Rodgers - 93.9 2. Cam Newton - 90.4 3. Tom Brady - 86.2 4. Russell Wil… https://t.co/i4Uftc6f16— PFF (@PFF) 1605105062.0
2. Kansas City Chiefs (8-1, Last Week 2, +/- 0) - The Panthers gave the defending champs a run for their money on Sunday, but Patrick Mahomes stepped up to put the Chiefs over the top. Throwing for four touchdowns on 372 yards, Mahomes did Mahomes things to fend off a scrappy Carolina squad.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-0, Last Week 1, +/- 0) - Although they looked shaky against the Cowboys, the Steelers came away with the W and when you're the only remaining undefeated team in the league you get the top spot.
Until now, there was a void in the industry. An all-in-one prop bet research tool for Over/Under rankings did not exist. Fantasy SP has changed that.
Of course, you could find betting trends on the internet but there wasn’t a place where you could have all the information for every single player on the same page at your fingertips. Well, we wanted to change that. We’ve created the definitive NFL prop bet research tool for pros and newbies alike.
In a typical NFL week, there can be over 1,000 player prop lines available. Traditional player game logs are not optimal for researching player props. Our unique tool allows you to quickly analyze thousands of lines on your phone, tablet, or computer, and find the props with the greatest value. Don’t just bet on the players you like. Become more data-driven with your props research by using Fantasy SP’s Player Prop Over/Under Rankings!
This is the perfect prop bet research tool to make some serious cash. Place informed bets using relevant analytics and increase your chances of seeing your bankroll increase.
With our brand-new Player Prop Over/Under Rankings Research Tool, users will be able to filter by tons of critical data points including home vs. away, favorite vs. underdog, player popularity, last few games, indoor vs. outdoor, specific props, specific teams, position rank, opponent rank, and so much more!
Research Prop Bet Betting Example
Okay, enough talk, and let’s get to a simple real-world example of how to use the tool to help you place a bet.
For example, Jared Goff has had some of the most ridiculous home/away splits in 2022.
Goff has a passer rating of 106.9 with 2,217 yards (277.1 yards per game), 20 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions in eight games at home this season. Pretty good, right? On the road, he has a passer rating of 82.5 with 1,387 yards (231.2 yards per game), 3 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions in six games.
As you can see, Goff is averaging 46 more yards per game at home in 2022 entering Week 16. Vegas may try to trick you when Goff is on the road after coming off a massive home game but by using our tool, you won’t be fooled.
Goff has a 5-3 O-U record on his passing yard props at Ford Field this season. While his average line at home on DraftKings is 247 yards, his average result is 277.1 passing yards. Prior to throwing for 250+ yards against the Jets at the Meadowlands in Week 15, he was 2-3 on his passing yards props on the road. His average line on DraftKings on the road was only 10 yards fewer heading into Week 15 yet he averaged a full 50 fewer yards per game (227). This shows a clear pattern that he is much more successful at hitting the over and much more efficient when playing in front of his home crowd. There are countless examples of patterns you can spot using this brand-new prop tool that are even more eye-popping than Goff’s numbers.
How to Find Favorable Prop Bets
The key to placing informed bets is to place bets on clear patterns. Ideally, you want to see a player consistently going over or under. Grab a concise list of potential bets to place and compare to the lines at your favorite operator.
Let’s say you want to place a passing yards prop bet on Tom Brady. You check all the lines at your favorite operator (we suggest
Caesars or FanDuel) and need to put his line into context. How often does he go over? What outcomes occur against an easy matchup? What is his average result? How does he do at home versus on the road?
Using our exclusive Over-Under Rankings, you can utilize our premium filters to find out Brady’s historical prop record at home versus the road is even more volatile than Goff’s splits. (This is good and what we want to see.)
At home, Brady is averaging a whopping 307.3 passing yards and has hit the over in six of seven games heading into Week 15.
On the road, while his average line is only two yards fewer (271.2 to 269.2), he has a 1-5 O-U record and is only averaging 239 passing yards per game.
Fantasy SP has just highlighted a very promising prop bet whenever Brady is at home. Take the over. And when he is on the road, it’s a prime spot to smash the under.
Some players also tend to do much better when their team is the favorite such as running backs late in the fourth quarter when their team needs to kill time. Heading into Week 15, Dalvin Cook had a 7-2 O-U rushing yard record when his team was the favorite (79.9 yards per game). Conversely, when the Vikings were underdogs, he was 1-3 (57.8 yards per game). This is why filtering by favorite or underdog can be a critical data point to help you gain an edge at sportsbooks.
You can also filter by the last few games in case a player has begun to heat up or cool off. These filters will help you nail your bets in very specific scenarios. It’s the perfect tool for situational prop betting.
What the Experts Are Saying
Don’t simply trust our word. We provided a free preview to professional bettors and journalists and this is what they had to say:
“I don’t place my player prop parlays until checking out Fantasy SP’s Prop Bet Rankings. This is the only place where I can get an in-depth historical analysis of every player in the League before placing my wagers!”
Matthew Rumack, Professional Sports Bettor
“This tool provides insight that I haven’t seen anywhere else in the sports betting industry. Fantasy SP has developed something truly unique. The premium filters that allow me to figure out how each player has performed in very specific situations are simply next-level. I will not be placing prop bets before using this tool for research!”
Mark Morales-Smith, Senior Fantasy & Gambling Writer
“The features of this prop research tool are simply awesome. It’s easy to use, easy to understand, and incredibly powerful. There is so much data at your fingertips. This is an essential piece to finding player prop betting value.”
Dan Hickman, Professional Gambling Writer
The dropdowns and filters on this tool are what really make this a game-changing feature. If you only want to see the most popular players on the page, simply slide the popularity to 75% or 100%. If you want to see players’ over-under records and their average results for only home games, simply click Home on the dropdown. If you want to see over-under records for players against teams in the bottom 5 at defending that position, simply click Bottom 5 under Position Rank. Not only can you get all of this insight, but the sliders and dropdowns all work interactively with a user-friendly interface so you can find out how a player is doing in a very specific situation. For example, let’s say Dak Prescott and the Cowboys are hosting the top-five San Francisco 49ers defense and are four-point underdogs. To get a much clearer picture of how Prescott has performed in similar situations, you can check off Home, Underdog, Indoor, and Top 5 under Opponent Rank to get his exact over-under prop historical record in this particular situation. If he is 0-3 on his passing yard prop in this scenario, you may want to smash the under.
NFL prop betting can be overwhelming but this tool makes it easy to research the best bets for novices and seasoned vets alike. Bettors should not be placing their prop bets before doing the necessary research. Now you can do all that research on one page with Fantasy SP’s Player Prop Over/Under Rankings Research Tool! It doesn’t get much better than that.
Stay tuned for our future article on even more in-depth tips and tricks.
France vs Argentina World Cup Final Betting Preview: Can Lionel Messi Capture That Elusive World Cup Title?
Picking up where they left off in 2018, the French National Team led by 23-year-old Kylian Mbappe have found their way back into the finals as they look to be the first back-to-back World Cup Champions since Brazil’s dominant runs in 1958 and 1962. Standing between that incredible feat for the defending champions is Argentina, who currently have their superstar, Lionel Messi, in top form. Messi is finding ways to create passes no one can see and he’s done it multiple times, assisting three goals (tied for the most) throughout the tournament. The legend is also scoring goals of his own and is tied with Kylian Mbappe (5 goals) for Golden Boot honors in this year’s World Cup. Regardless, soccer fans around the world are in for a treat on Sunday at 10:00 AM EST as two of the best players in the world face each other for their country’s World Cup glory.
After winning Group D, France defeated Poland in the Round of 16, England in the quarterfinals, and a strong Morocco team in the semis to advance to the Final. On the other side of the bracket, Argentina won Group C and dispatched Australia in the Round of 16. Messi and the Argentinians were then tested in the quarterfinals, needing a penalty shootout to defeat the Netherlands after blowing a late two-goal lead. Finally, Argentina played perhaps their best match of the tournament against Croatia in the semi-finals, winning 3-0. Now the stage is set for a blockbuster finale between two powerhouses featuring some of the top players in the world.
Note (from FanDuel Sportsbook): No team will play at home during Qatar's World Cup. For betting purposes, FanDuel explains that: “Home Team refers to the team listed first, Away Team refers to the second team listed.”
Argentina (-104) vs. France (-112)
Argentina Keys To Victory
Lionel Messi has played incredibly for Argentina throughout this World Cup. He is leaving opposing defenders in the dust, taking on multiple players at once, dragging them away from his teammates, which is opening up the field for his fellow goal scorers. Every time Messi has the ball at his feet, there seems to be more than one threat. Messi is playing just as well as he always has in 2022. He’s served his team as a playmaker and as a goal-scorer in Qatar. He’s also had some help from Manchester City forward Julian Alvarez who’s scored a handful of goals in this World Cup (including two in Argentina’s decisive victory over Croatia). If Alvarez and Messi are able to link up while on the attack, the depleted French defense and midfield could be in for some trouble.
France Keys To Victory
One of the biggest headlines heading into this World Cup Final is the return of French striker Karim Benzema. The Real Madrid star and winner of this year’s Ballon D’Or hurt his hamstring in one of France’s first practices soon after arriving in Qatar. He flew back to Madrid where he immediately completed his recovery work which was set at three weeks from the time of injury. Right now, Benzema is flying back to Doha and could be starting for France in the final. At the moment, France’s HC Didier Deschamps has declined to comment on whether or not he will be including KB9 in the starting lineup. France’s ball movement has been excellent throughout the tournament, but their key to victory against Argentina will be efficient defense. Over the last few games, France’s defense seems to have slowed down. Not only will they need to stop Messi, but they will need to turn defensive stops into counterattacks. Mbappe and Olivier Giroud (four goals thus far in the tournament) will need to be electric on offense and test the Argentinian keeper. Antoine Griezmann may be an x-factor for France as he has three assists in this World Cup and was inches away from scoring against Morocco.
It’s only fitting that Lionel Messi will finally hoist the World Cup trophy in his last World Cup match. Expect him to score a goal and lead his team to victory in a tightly contested battle.
The Pick: Argentina (-104)
World Cup Final Best Prop Bets
Kylian Mbappe: To Score Or Give Assist (+100)
Mbappé has been relatively quiet over France’s last few games. Still, he is the main wing on France’s team who is capable of breaking down defenses through his skillful technique and ridiculous speed. He currently is tied with Messi for the most goals in the 2022 World Cup. If he isn’t able to score in this game, then expect him to at least make an assist. For France to win this one, the 23-year-old will need to have a big game.
Lionel Messi: Anytime Goalscorer (+190)
Messi has stepped up his performance big time this World Cup. If you have watched Argentina play in this tournament, you know how crucial of a role Messi has played in the team’s success. He is tied for the most goals in the tournament with Mbappe and has a great chance of putting the ball in the net at some point during Sunday’s big match. This is a particularly great prop to target since Messi takes all of Argentina’s penalty shots and has converted four-of-five throughout the tournament.
Fantasy SP has worked diligently to bring you next-level sports betting analytics, prop betting tools, public betting splits, and so much more! Become an Edge+ member today!
Calling every sports fan across the globe! The best month for all things sports is here: December. NFL and CFB are getting into the thick of things — I mean, we are finally not seeing Alabama and Clemson in the CFP, not to mention both the NBA and NHL are underway and college basketball just tipped off!
Despite all of these different sporting events going on, the World’s biggest Sporting event is down to the Semifinals, the World Cup.
Although Soccer is the World's most popular sport, it still struggles to gain support in the US. However, every 4 years Soccer takes the country by storm and this year, and these last few games are going to be amazing.
Let us introduce you to your new go-to app, FanDuel Sportsbook. It’s the place to be for not only the usual sports, but for this year's World Cup!
FanDuel Sportsbook is providing a multitude of features with a few market differentiators.
- World Cup Winner
- Who will win the Golden Boot (the award for the top goal scorer of the World Cup)
- Highest scoring Group
- And more
- Popular Markets - outside of the normal Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under lines, FanDuel will also be offering:
- Anytime Goal Scorer
- First Goal Scorer
- Shots on Goal
- Correct Score
- Number of Corner Kicks
- Half-Time Result
- Tournament Goal Scorer Parlay Builder - build your own tournament-long Goal Scorer parlays with your favorite players from every team.
- Daily Specials:
- Highest scoring team of the day
- Total daily goals
- Player specials
- And More!
- Live Parlays
Out of all the betting apps we’ve used, signing up for FanDuel Sportsbook is also the easiest. Simply download the app and create an account by providing an email, credit card, and SS# — that’s to protect your winnings and ensure you're not a sporting professional.
FanDuel is undoubtedly the best site/app to parlay across multiple sports. It’s designed for bettors at any stage. The clear interface is ideal for beginners and you can make a bet in just a few clicks! It’s complete with a number of betting guides that explain the rules and resources to safely bet.
One of the best parts is that once the game ends, you can cash out your winnings right away. No minimum, no wait.
There’s also the incredible New User Offer: sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook and get up to $1000 in Free Bets if you lose your first bet!
Their app has everything you need — from tutorials to real-time game scores. Get amped for the World Cup with FanDuel Sportsbook. Enhance your Sportsember by downloading the FanDuel Sportsbook app today!